Thursday, November 18, 2010

Forever - The Floacist (featuring Musiq Soulchild)

  I saw this video on Centric which is a sister channel of BET a few weeks ago, I was so intrigued by the lyrics.  I love the way she uses spoken word in such a sensual way over Musiq's voice which reiterates her words. As a result, I have been listening to this song everyday at least three times a day.  There is something in these lyrics that are so honest.  My favorite line in the song is, "They don't believe in love, so why would they believe in us".  I love this line due to the fact so many people gave up on the idea of love.  Unfortunately, I was that person but now my faith in love has been restored.  So in the mean time I will follow my heart and let love take it's course.  I hope you enjoy this song and the video as much as I do.  Lastly, Natalie Stewart from the group Floetry inspires me to truly embrace all of me.  She cut her dreads and now is bald. Also, she could have fixed the gap in her teeth but she didn't.  I love it!












No comments:

Post a Comment